All it takes are some rainy weekends and a drop in temperature, and my slow cooker starts getting a workout.
I was going to make this week’s post about applesauce, but it would go a little like this: Put apples in slow cooker. So I decided to make this week’s Slow It Down recipe a little more complicated by making a recipe something like this: Put onions and a few other ingredients in slow cooker. You’re welcome.
Vegan French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup
- 4-5 small to medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1.5 Cups dry white wine or sherry
- 2.5 Cups veggie broth, or enough to cover the the onions
- 2T vegan butter/margarine
- Sprinkle of thyme, healthy dash of black pepper
Slow cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or low for 7 to 8.
And what’s a good soup without some good bread? I made beautiful French rolls with a real crust–but don’t expect non-quick bread again any time soon. Having real fresh bread was a treat, but wow bread making is a lot of work.