I’m behind on my book updates again! So you get another selection of short-and-sweet summaries and reviews.
- The Wild Girl by Jim Fergus. Stereotypical cowboys vs. Indians. Still fun, though.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth. Stereotypical mash-up of every other post-apocalyptic/distopian young adult book out there. Still fun, though.
- Beyond the Pale by Elana Dykewomon. Expected stereotypical feminist literature, got a great historical fiction novel instead.
- Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. Expected stereotypical fantasy, got the most sexist crap ending ever.
- A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley. A retelling of King Lear with great use of language but poor use of story.
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles. Boys face themselves and the war in a compelling coming-of-age story.
- The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov. Robot noir. Needed more robot, less noir.
What are you reading?