My weekend involved lots of house painting, playing with electrical sockets and discovering an amazing Ethiopian restaurant just minutes from my house. My weekend didn’t involve coming up with something clever for a post, so I’m snagging a Five Things Monday from Emily.
If you haven’t had Ethiopian food, you’re missing out! Amazing sponge-y sourdough injera is just the beginning.
Five places you want to visit
- New York City. Will be there again in June!
- Thailand. Will be there in January (if all goes as planned)!
- California. Will be there when work feels like footing the bill for me to visit our facilities.
- Morocco. Will be there someday.
- India. Will be there someday.
Five of your favorite foods
- Breakfast. How could I pick just one breakfast food? Oatmeal, pancakes, bananas, soy lattes, cereal, breakfast cookies, peanut butter on toast–they’re all my favorite.
- Ketchup. It’s a food.
- Socca/chickpea flatbread.
- Popcorn. It’s my current obsession.
Lunch yesterday. Served with a side of ketchup for dipping.
Five things in your bag
- Book I’m currently reading (White Noise by DeLillo)
- Book I’m going to read next (Invitation to a Beheading by Nabokov)
- Redbox movie to return (The Descendants)
- A pair of (clean) gym socks
- A fork
Five things you do every day
- Eat breakfast ridiculously early
- Stare at a computer screen
- Make at least one meal
- Drink tea
Five things you’re wearing right now
- Dark jeans
- Bright purple sneakers
- Purple-framed glasses
- Warm yellow knit sweater
- Green tank top
What are five of your Monday things?