Five To-Dos for Friday
Who doesn’t love a good to-do list?
1. Make breakfast. Y’all (and I don’t use y’all lightly), y’all listen up–this is the most amazing thing ever. I took my regular brancake breakfast, randomly added raisins…and ended up with a giant, hot, crispy-edged pan-sized oatmeal raisin cookie. For breakfast.
- 1/3 C oat bran
- 2 rounded T protein powder (or flour) (If you use unsweetened powder/flour, you’ll have to add in a hint of sweetener somewhere along the line)
- 1t baking powder (optional)
- Generous sprinkles of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1/3 c Almond (or other) milk
- 1/3 c raisins (or more or less, to taste)
- 1T coconut oil
Mix everything together and let it sit for a moment, while you heat coconut oil in a pan. Pour mixture into pan, spread lightly, wait, flip (it might get a little messy here), wait, and serve yourself a giant healthy cookie for one!
2. Plant seeds. It rained last night–so it’s time to get planting! I have beet, bean and corn seeds ready to go. (I’ll be planting more–these are just a start).
3. Prime a wall. The dried-blood dark red wall in my bedroom? I have reached a breaking point, and it has got to go, regardless of its position on my overall fix-up-the-house list. I will take an ugly, splotchy primer-ed wall over this wall of doom any day.
4. Watch a crappy movie. A new Jason Statham movie comes out tonight. Perfect timing for an evening of bad action, friends who love bad action and sneaking food into the theater (come now, who doesn’t do this?).
5. Relax. Because it’s Friday!
What do you have to get done today?