I don’t like fall. I know, I know–it’s half the world’s favorite season. But do you know what fall means to me? It means winter is coming, the weather is cold and miserable, my garden is dying and it’s time to bundle up and hide indoors for the next what feels like an eternity.
But fall food? I love it. Sara and I got to comment-chatting about pumpkin spice lattes…and I thought, why wait for the season I like second-least? Why not now? So I bring you pumpkin spice latte…pudding. For hot summer days.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Pudding
- 1/2 (cold) baked sweet potato (or, you know, pumpkin)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1T flaxseed
- 1t vanilla
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger galore
- 1t instant ground coffee (I use Trader Joe’s decaf, it’s actually pretty good)
- 1/8t guar gum (or use less milk)
- 1C almond milk
If you only have plain protein powder, add extra vanilla and your sweetener of choice. Blend. Eat your summertime fall treat. And might I recommend topping it with a good dollop of my still-amazing vegan whipped cream?
Love, hate or love/hate fall?