I haven’t set specific, manageable goals in quite some time. I mean, obviously there’s one giant figure-competition goal hanging over me, but that is a pretty broad and fairly long-term goal. I need some smaller goals that are clear, measurable and doable. (Such as: Add relevant pictures to your next post, you boring text-based goon.)
- Stretch every day. Nothing fancy, it can just be five minutes at the end of the day, but it has to happen.
- Focus on my posture. This goal has appeared before, and it really helped to have it typed up/at the front of my mind. Darn you desk job, I’m fighting the slouch as best I can.
- Get some gym-related goals. A goal to get goals? Yes. My goal this month is to find clearer direction, set benchmarks for progress and, well, make progress!
- Buy a sofa. Yeah, you’ve seen this before. It’s going to happen this month. I can feel it.
- Get creative once a week. Arts, crafts, knitting, you name it: I’m going to make time for it.
- Read more. I’ve been so distracted by life, work and the things going on in my head that I haven’t been plowing through books with my usual dedication. I need that quiet reading space.
- Go somewhere new once a week. This can be as simple as stepping into a restaurant or store I’ve never been in, or it can involve a new event, venue or weekend trip. Just somewhere new! There’s so much in this city (much less state/country), and I’m almost embarrassed by how little of it I’ve seen.
- Eat enough. While I’m keeping my macros on track, my overall calorie consumption is down. I can feel it in my energy levels, and I know increasing the good food that I eat is going to help me improve and meet my goals in the gym.
- Try a new food each week. I used to do this, and it was always so much fun to wander the grocery store, research recipes and experience a new food.
- Try a new blog-found recipe each week. I pretty much do this weekly anyway, it’s nice to have a relaxing goal.
Have a favorite stretching routine or a food or recipe I should try? What are some of your goals for the month?